Looking to buy a 60 ft commercial flagpole? You've come to the right place. Choosing the right flagpole can be tricky with all the options out there, so I'm here to walk you through everything you need to know.
First off, why do you need such a tall flagpole? Most residential flagpoles are 20-30 ft tall, while 60 ft flagpoles are best suited for large commercial properties, stadiums, theme parks, etc. At that height, your flag will be visible from very far away and make a bold statement!
Some main factors to consider when shopping for a 60 ft commercial flagpole:
- Material: aluminum, steel or fiberglass. Aluminum is lightweight, durable and typically the most affordable. Fiberglass is also lightweight but more flexible. Steel is heavy duty but prone to rusting. Consider wind speeds in your area and how heavy of a flag you'll be flying.
- Flag size: Make sure to get the right flagpole height and diameter to match your flag size. The flag should be at least 1/4 the height of the pole.
- Halyard: The rope and pulley system that raises and lowers your flag. Look for an internal halyard system inside the flagpole to keep it protected and prevent tangled ropes. External halyards are more prone to wear.
- Base/Foundation: Larger poles require a strong foundation, often set in concrete. Work with engineers to determine the proper footing size and depth for your soil type.
- Access door: Choose a flagpole with an access door to easily swap out halyards when they wear out. Trying to thread a new rope on a 60ft pole would be a nightmare!
- Finial: The decorative ornament on top of the flagpole. Go for a simple ball finial or upgrade to something more elaborate. Match it to your building's style.
As for where to buy, I recommend USA-based flagpole manufacturers that specialize in commercial sizes. Unfortunately, bureaucracy and politics has seriously hindered flagpole manufacturing in the United States and because of that, there are only 3 top-quality options to check out:
- Eder Flagpoles
- Concord American Flagpoles
- Zeus Composite Flagpoles
Now, something else to consider when buying 60' commercial flagpoles, is end cost. These manufacturers are "old school" in nature which means they don't leverage new online shopping technologies like what you see when buying products from Amazon.
They instead focus on retailers like us to help facilitate flagpole sales. The benefit of using a retailer like us is, you get far better pricing, far better customer service and you have an entire group of people dedicated to you getting the best flagpole for your money, period.
No matter which company you want to go with, be sure to leverage a retailer that helps give them the exact specifications of your site and intended flag size. They can help make sure all the components are properly sized and engineered. Expect lead times of 4-6 weeks for production.
Okay, let's do a little pros vs cons comparison!
- Bold visual impact from great height
- Can support very large flags
- Internal halyard systems keep ropes secure
- Sturdy aluminum and steel last for decades
- Resilient fiberglass flexes in wind
- Wide range of heights and finishes available
- Expensive, starting around $10k and beyond
- Professional installation required
- Concrete footer required
- May need engineered plans and permits
- External halyards prone to tangling
- Flags can shred quickly in high winds
Hope this gives you a great overview of what to look for in purchasing a 60 ft commercial flagpole! Let me know if you have any other questions. I know it's a big investment and a fair bit of planning is required to get it right. But once installed, a super tall flagpole makes a truly striking statement and focal point. Happy flag raising! Also, be sure to check out our 50 ft commercial flagpole options if you think 60' is too big!